MSB 7.83% $1.17 mesoblast limited

MSB Short Position Reporting, page-4

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    Thank you @vasilios,
    May I ask, is this the overall figure in that it includes short position on the Nasdaq as well?
    I’m curious to see the short position say in the run up to the release of the FDA briefing paper before the ODAC meeting which caught many of us off guard. Then after the meeting when we had a overwhelming recommendation we had a period before the, again surprise FDA decision to go against that recommendation.
    I posted a quick note on the £38 billion shorters lost on Tesla last year. There they got it spectacularly wrong on their bet on that company. Simple case it would appear of the wrong analysis. With us, it was let’s say four potential reasons that I could work out (welcome any constructive views).
    1. Brilliant analysis that the FDA would for the first time since dinasours roamed the earth, ignore their experts recommendations. From what we now seem to understand from HC that it was down to a change in management. which brings me on to the second potential reason.
    2. Inside information.
    3. Hedging a large investment on the upside.
    4. Just lucky and they always bet against on track record of Mesoblast/Sector.

I don’t want to add to number 2 with the consideration of any bribes or big pharma lobbying which have also been from memory mooted on this forum.
    Bearing in mind that this was to treat a death sentence condition with no alternative treatment option, in a potential market that was small and unlikely to come up with another option for a number of years and deaths later. With a therapy that had no known side effects. Well you can see why for many their was a concern that option 2 or a variant of it had a role to play in the decision to short then.
    Then look at the Heart readout. Seems the results while they appear to be spectacular for the long term, did miss their primary endpoint. If that was again inside information then maybe the leak was from somewhere else?
    I believe in the long term of this company as I have said in several posts, but I would like to be reassured that all of us are investing on a level playing field as much as that is possible.
    So again thank you for thread, look forward to keeping an eye on it. I hope others feel the same.
    I understand that short positions reported can be several days behind the actual.
    regards
    Yelrom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.17
Change
0.085(7.83%)
Mkt cap ! $1.358B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.20 $1.11 $9.714M 8.323M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 25374 $1.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.18 6320 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.37am 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.17
  Change
0.085 ( 7.93 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.12 $1.20 $1.12 2157334
Last updated 11.57am 06/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.