MSB 3.76% $1.03 mesoblast limited

msb the heavyweight

1. 2,101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    For a long long time MSB has been referred to as "the #2" healthcare company on the ASX largely due to its market cap.
    CSL being the #1.

Posters on this forum always refer to MSB as the global heavyweight and again it largely relies on its market cap and amount of trials (of which some appear to have gone into never never land of no info for ages...)

How much longer can MSB remain said heavyweight if its market cap is shrinking at an astonishingly rapid rate?
    MSB as I write this has in 2.5 days wiped 10% or a shade more off its price.

We all wish for the $50 party but I think its looking like the $4 party is next stop.
    Do we just have faith in the science and the results so far and hold on for dear life despite daily prompts from the shareprice that people are losing buckets of $?

At what point does it become clear that hoping for a miracle is really just that. Hope.
    Each persons point is going to be different absolutely and everybody will see things in their own view.

For me I see that MSB has had solid p2 results. Many people hang their cap on that and assume that will be fine.
    I've unfortunately seen many companies hang their hat on p2 results only to later find that it didn't pan out.

We all know the story of the frog boiling to death in the water.
    So what I would say is do we all remember when the SP went to 7.20 odd off the announcement of some good trial results?
    And then it went down to about 6.20's650's and it stayed there for a long time and we all sort of felt it was ok in terms of a trading range.

If yesterday the price was $7 and today sudednly the price became 4.40 I think all of us would sell.

The fact its happen gradually only makes it seem more reasonable. All I know is what is infront of us all and thats a share price which is declining at a furious and frankly scary as F rate.

I'm not a shorter and I'm very saddened that this is happening to MSB but obviously something is going on because the confidence isn't there.
    The instutitonal holders haven't change their holdings thats sure but how do we know as Adam pointed out they haven't simply averaged down using their sophisticated techniques as time has past.

because if they were really still at their original pruchase price I'd have to say they surely would be asking questions by now or perhaps doing something to support the SP but they are not.
    Major question marks and no answers other than 'we have to wait for results'

The problem is those results are quite a distance into the future and we need something positive to change momentum now because we are caught in a downtrend that is doing some major damage.

Sad to say but defnitely not far off selling its out of control and no buyers are coming in to support the price which tells me the faith is gone.

Yep this is a bit of a random thoughts/rant thread but given the last 3 days I think we all need a bit of venting.

Do i believe in MSB sort of yes. Do I believe in MSB still when the stock is taking an almighty dive almost daily which tells me clearly other people don't?
    I've got doubts yeah because all this selling clearly means a lot of people think something is wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.040(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.170B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.01 $13.19M 12.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 61090 $1.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 239558 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.