MSB 7.47% $1.04 mesoblast limited

Generally, it makes sense to disclose a company making event...

1. 30,295 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1825
    Generally, it makes sense to disclose a company making event like a partnering deal if it is in advanced negotiations, even though it could be counterproductive to disclose the actual terms of the deal.

It also alerts other potential partners that a deal may be done with someone else and they could miss out! That's the stage we are at (and have been for months).

Counterproductive to reveal details? I'd put it much more strongly.

It would be suicidal from a commercial point of view to do that. Each party signs non-disclosure agreements as a routine part of legalities, to protect themselves. You're opening up the businesses to the kind of scrutiny that nobody wants publicly available. The way the figures are arrived at is highly sensitive and therefore confidential. And the potential shared profits involved and offers on the table: ditto.

It's enough to mention names you're negotiating with, and state the negotiations are at an advanced stage. That's both accurate and sufficient and it's been the case for much longer than a few months. It's been going on for literally years.

Releasing basic information signals you might be prepared to talk to others.
    Sure it does. But they incur costs in doing their due diligence and crunching numbers on the anticpated costs of each phase of the business including the costs of future FDA approvals. It's a very drawn out process and not for the faint-hearted.

And btw I reiterate that the fact that we did a deal with the Chinese including technological transfer tends to shows how miserly the other big pharma offers on the table must have been.

You need nerves of steel to hold out when your SP has been smashed by shorters, and the registry is being churned transferring from retail holders to a few big holders. This has been the case for years now.

Years.

That's why hotcopper is potentially such a powerful vehicle to attempt to redress the intrinsic information deficiencies, and perception imbalance.

The fact that we've had players in here smashing down perfectly reasonable hypotheses (I recall being derided and ridiculed for suggesting the FDA would develop new protocols for stem cells as compared with with intrinsically more risky drug testing protocols, stem cells involving far less risk to patients, and the real issue being efficacy; that the FDA would take cues from Japan, etc. and being derided with viciousness that's surreal)...shows the intensity of the relevant interests. There certainly has been accumulation going on.

You also have the question of how the health funds will pay - eg will they want all patients tried on cheaper steroids first before they will reimburse for the MSB cells? I think that is probable.

Well you're right....and indeed that's for the actuaries to assess.

But as you note, it's a point of simple logic that MSB cells will be much more effective on someone whose system has already been ravaged by cancer, without the immune system then being smashed by steroids. Of course number crunchers may think differently at least initially, and nobody wants to scare the horses given that the insurance industry is conservative to the maximum.

BUT I would think, over time the logic of not damaging the 80% and shortening hospital stays, will have some appeal and feed into those numbers.

Put another way, it's not just relative costs of the products per se, it's the overall likelihood of success and the costs of keeping someone hospitalised over an extended period. What are the relative risks there in terms of overall costs?

This thread is a lot of fun with people's best efforts at speculating....and very informative!

Thanks @ecoool2@otherperspective and everyone who's posting on these really interesting topics.

Last edited by dolcevita: 28/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.04
Change
0.073(7.47%)
Mkt cap ! $1.196B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.06 99.0¢ $3.985M 3.875M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 51694 $1.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 52275 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.02pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.