MSB 3.06% $1.01 mesoblast limited

Forgive me for being blunt, but this is 5:25 of ignorance,...

1. 1,052 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1114
    Forgive me for being blunt, but this is 5:25 of ignorance, basically. Dr Fauci isn't one doctor thinking by himself, he leads a whole institute full of doctors and scientists and his job is to synthesise all the evidence into a government opinion for "best practice". He is a science communicator who listens to lots of experts that are advising him and he communicates their consensus to the population in plain language. The scientists advising him are not always right in a situation like a pandemic, where everything is rapidly changing and new information discovered daily, but they are the best experts that the US has to come up with a plan and advice, then his job is to discern what is best form that advice and pass on the info.

For example, if Mesoblast passes the phase 3 trial his job will be to explain how MSCs are safe to a bunch of people who have never heard of them and think stem cells are injected in drug dens and back alley clinics by tattoo artists and gangs. That's going to be a difficult job. It's the same for the vaccines, and every other promising therapy. If it proves to be effective, he has to explain how and why people should access it, as well as advising the government on policy... like when is there enough data to trust each vaccine for safety? who should get it first? who shouldn't get it (if there is anyone).

Public health is really hard, until you have the benefit of hindsight, but my prediction is that Dr Fauci is going to be a big friend to Mesoblast shareholders if we get an EUA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.01
Change
0.030(3.06%)
Mkt cap ! $1.153B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.01 $1.04 99.0¢ $5.111M 5.050M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 211966 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.02 136540 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.