MSB 2.08% 94.0¢ mesoblast limited

Will not try to spin anything on these results,as it is what it...

1. 1,292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1314

Will not try to spin anything on these results,as it is what it is - a bad result, on top of a bad week.

Two questions need to be answered:
    1. Why weren't we told that the endpoint was to achieve 43% mortality above SOC? It may be that we were and I had blinkers on.But if we were not, why? I would not have invested so much if I had known we had such a high bar that it would be very, very difficult to ever achieve.

2. Why did the patient enrolment demographic change between analysis 2 and 3? I accept that this may be out of the companies hands given they were not running the trial, but why wasn't a different enrolment criteria provided?

The issue it seems is that the science of Mesoblast is sound, and that the drug works - however, their trial designs for aGHVD, CHF and now ARDS does raise some questions.

From here, the best things to wait for is:
    1. Whether secondary endpoints in ARDS is met, and whether Novartis bankroll a general ARDS trial.
    2. CLBP Phase 3 results and partnership
    3. Partnership for CHF which is expected "in the coming months" -
    4. Outcome for aGHVD accelerated approval pathway

Points 2 and 3 seem most likely to see investor value.

Although I know some have been somewhat negative on the CLBP results, I do seem to recall that MSB are gearing up for a Phase 3 trial in Europe, so I am hoping that means the results are at least acceptable / pass to permit a confirmatory trial or otherwise. Hopefully that means milestone payments and possible extension into America.

As to CHF partnership, well SI and the team now have a lot more time on their hands to chase down a lucrative partnership for funding purposes.

Last edited by LJohn: 18/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.0¢
Change
-0.020(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $1.073B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ 97.0¢ 93.5¢ $1.424M 1.507M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 29390 93.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 14089 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.