MSB 0.00% $1.10 mesoblast limited

MSB Trading 2020 - a new dawn, page-8826

1. 681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    There are some shares that are both volatile and news dependent that a stop loss will not be effective or setting a stop loss can be counter productive. The only thing that is effective with such a share is to be watching it and act right there and then. MSB can be very volatile, it is still speculative until such a time as an approval comes through and more income flows through....personally I wouldn't be relying on a auto stop loss to exit, sometimes that being in place could also mean you exit when you don't actually want to or it just sinks straight past that and you don't get taken out ....trades can be in the nanoseconds ....I always raise an eyebrow about anyone commenting about relying on a stop loss as to me it's a dicey strategy.

When I exited MSB I did that of my own choice not through any stop loss being triggered ....and yes I had a much higher dollars than $2500 investment. When I re enter MSB (and yes I can see that happening soonish) it will also be for more than $2500 invested so it will be on me to keep my own eyes on what's happening. For me it's prudent to rely on myself more than a stop loss for any spec share ....imho a stop loss for MSB shows your hand way too easily to folks you don't want to have eyes on what you are doing wink.png

To sum up I very rarely ever set a stop loss ....I can safely say with 100% accuracy that every single one of our holdings is worth over $2500 invested per holding. Including the new ones I've just done in the last week, all are worth a darn sight more than that ....for me that amount is very small I honestly can't see the worth in investing such a little amount but fully acknowledge that is dependent on each and every individuals circumstance ....$2500 on one single holding can be gained or lost (on paper) in 24 hours without batting an eye or having the effect of changing my extent of holdings. I would not be relying on a stop loss if I need to act on any share especially volatile specs. Just my thoughts from a different perspective of someone who operates with much larger holdings. As I've said before I've never lied about the extent of our holdings /portfolios and I'm not going to start now. I'm not going to pretend to be a newbie or a dabbler with limited resources when I'm not...that's reality wink.png

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.10
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.250B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.13 $1.08 $5.380M 4.893M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 69437 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 19999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.