MSB 0.54% 92.5¢ mesoblast limited

MSB Trading - 2020, page-13407

1. 8,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 805
    Additionally I'd put forward a few points for consideration:
    • why did we drop from 3 to almost 1 a few months ago?
    • MSB moving away from "small cap" to asx200: could be portfolio adjustments from small cap fund managers?
    • the usual tricks of instos and similar (probably similar to your second point).

Im not sure about stop losses, but happy to be educated as ive never bought on margin, but someone was right to point out that most brokers aren't allowing stocks such as MSB to be purchased with leverage. I know this because I rang bell potter and inquired lol: doesn't meet the criteria for having a history of paying dividends and being profitable, to name two points, and I continued to investigate with NAB, commsecc etc (funnily enough that day i rang Bell Potter, the price surged thereafter, go figure hmmm? rolleyes.png). However I can see that if you have a portfolio of stocks purchased with margin, and they are going into the red, you might want to sell off your non-margin stocks to keep those afloat (assuming those are a higher proportion of those investors portfolio, which would be the case most of the time).

Finally MSB traded mostly in line with the ASX200 all day, with the exception of the last 30 mins or so of the session where we fell below $3.70, so would propose this was closing out of positions in anticipation for gap downs on Monday.

Again too many factors to consider, which is why even the smartest money and deepest pockets get it wrong at least some of the time. Reiterating your point that we are on the verge of several breakthoughs with cash in the bank. Good luck all!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.5¢
Change
0.005(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $1.056B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 93.5¢ 91.5¢ $1.473M 1.596M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 32370 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 60258 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.