MSB 2.51% 97.0¢ mesoblast limited

Thanks as always @ecoool2 ... brilliant post as always ;).... I...

1. 15,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5586
    Thanks as always @ecoool2 ... brilliant post as always .... I particularly liked this bit, which I am re-posting in case @maxybro missed it as he seems to think a capital raise is imminent ?

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/msb-trading-2020.5158541/page-1373?post_id=42604729

More on MSB cash position

MSB has just raised $A75m from instos in an insto placement, still has $US35m (or $A50m) of debt to draw down and the milestone payments from partners already signed up (and with new ones in “advanced negotiations”. Just cash on hand at end September plus the placement plus the $US30m due from Grunenthal this year plus the $US35m undrawn debt from Herc and Nova add up to $US165m - yet the cash burn is only around $US20m per quarter. Grunenthal’s upfront and milestone payments are $US150m up to product launch ($US45m in the first year – of which $US30m is coming in 2020) and cumulative milestones could reach over $US1 billion. The JCR royalties are now running at $US2m per quarter (although they are included in reducing the quarterly cash burn). There are future milestones already signed but not paid with other partners – and these will come through as milestones are met - another Euros 10m from Takeda upon commercial sales of Alofisel and there are further milestone payments already signed with Tasly.

If $US165m (or 8 quarters of cash burn) isn’t enough (pre another $US105m already signed from Grünenthal up to product launch – ie another 5 quarters of cash burn on top of the 8 already covered), by the end of this calendar year, MSB expects (subject to FDA approval) to be selling Ryoncil in the US paediatric SR-aGvHD market – a market 8x the size of Japan, which is expected to be around $U120m in peak annual sales (with gross margins starting around 80% not just a royalty receipt like in Japan) for acute paediatric disease alone. The eventual market size in US and Europe is estimated by MSB at $US700m (and I think that’s conservative).

Why on earth would they need a capital raise in the near term? If they gain a major partner in US Heart or Back Pain with an upfront payment of at least $US100m for each, I’d argue they actually need to do a share buyback to efficiently manage the balance sheet.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.