MSB 2.51% 97.0¢ mesoblast limited

I had some time recently to go back andlisten once more to the...

1. 130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20

I had some time recently to go back andlisten once more to the Mesoblast boards Q3 financial results and the Q+Aespecially regarding Remestemcel-L in Covid19 for patients exhibiting ARDS andnoted that SI and co kept referencing other applications NOT associated withCovid eg Sepsis (you can still access the call on mesoblast’s website forthose wanting a refresher). That triggered a wee bell in my wee brain as Irecall that Sepsis is a major killer in hospitals. Sepsis is caused by aninfection but it’s the body’s response to that infection that can kill you egSeptic shock (think cytokine storm) that’s the real problem.

I think Mesoblast although keen to getapproval for Covid (who isn’t it’s a damned awful virus) there are a plethoraof OTHER applications for our wee cells. I’ve just searched the internet tofind roughly the clinical cost of sepsis in the USA and I quote from a paperthrough the National Institute of health (NIH);

The cost of sepsis management in U.S. hospitalsranks highest among admissions for all disease states. For example, in 2013,sepsis accounted for more than $24 billionin hospital expenses, representing 13% of totalU.S. hospital costs, but accounted for only 3.6% of hospital stays.

The full article can be found here
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6250243/#:~:text=The%20cost%20of%20sepsis%20management,only%203.6%25%20of%20hospital%20stays.

From memory and please I’m only a layman that hasbeen a LTSH of MSB for over 10 years now but I think the prof has an awful lotof other applications up his sleeve. We often talk of the paradigm shift inmedicine which MSB is at the vanguard but have we sat down and actually reallythought of the diseases we could treat efficiently and at a much cheaper costto the enormous health costs especially in the USA.

My mind boggles at just how much potential we aresitting on!! If this potentially is played out a minor dip in the share pricetoday will seem just a blip. Another point I would like to raise while I’mtaping away is for the newbies if you can GO to the AGM each year in Melbourneand MEET the people behind MSB (it’s on in November). I went a few years agoand met SI, he came across as extremely dedicated to the cause and slightlyamazed himself at the success and potentiality of these fantastic stem cells,.

Hope this helps. Many thanks to all posters it’sall great fun on these threads (it could be a sit-com at times!).

Onward and upward.

M

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.