MSB 3.33% 77.5¢ mesoblast limited

No I don't agree. That's the theory but in this case the SP is...

1. 30,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1781
    No I don't agree. That's the theory but in this case the SP is likely to rocket. For reasons that have been stated many times in here.

So there is a huge risk that you will be left on the sidelines and trying to get in when the SP surges. It's why the smart money has been quietly accumulating while talking the thing down. It's obvious to me that's been happening for years now.

But let's cut to the chase. How is Kohler assessing risk? He cannot be doing it comprehensively. The previous studies involving ARDS are salient. The robustness of the MSCs are demonstrated. Does he understand what adjustments were necessary with other trials, like cardiac?

I give this next to zero. My assessment is that Kolher is a plodder. Nothing wrong with that but he misses out. And he is slavishly followed by mums & dad investors who are too scared to think for themselves. Also I have previously stated, I have a friend who is an ex broker and she won't look at MSB. Because it doesn't fit her metrics. I find this ridiculous but that's what they call discipline. So you cannot see what's under your own nose.

It's the same as Warren Buffett who has admitted he wouldn't have bought Microsoft, in the formative days because he didn't understand the business model and ...- this is the best bit -....he still doesn't! He's a personal friend of Bill Gates and he says this. I will drag the book out if you don't believe me and give you the page numbers. It's interviews with the 2 of them.

Buffett. This is the investing guru has openly stated he doesn't know where the next growth surge is coming from. I mean, he is a widgets man, like Kohler. IMO it's very important to understand that everyone has their limitations and decide for yourself how much of your analysis you're going to outsource and how questioning you're going to be about assumptions.

Buffett's approach is just fine IF the market continues to do what it's previously done. But now previous blue chips are falling.

The difference is probably Kohler understands a bit about mining because you have to if you're running an investing house in Australia. So that bit he gets.

But anything involving a paradigm shift, Buffett and Kohler are in the same bag. Now that's OK except that the economies across the world are imploding and while markets haven't caught up with that, they will.

Again, as Buffett said, he simply doesn't know where the next growth surge is coming from. He rode growth surges before. But not techs. That was before the pandemic. And there's another one coming with a new form of swine flu.

Not understanding MSB? Waiting for the results to come in? Ok but that's a colossal upside risk of being caught on the sidelines. I think the next growth surge is going to be biotechs. Quite obviously. There are other areas too, in high tech fields.
    Last edited by dolcevita: 03/07/20
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
77.5¢
Change
0.025(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $884.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
76.0¢ 79.5¢ 76.0¢ $5.745M 7.394M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 35920 77.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
78.0¢ 99172 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
77.0¢
  Change
0.025 ( 2.79 %)
Open High Low Volume
76.5¢ 79.5¢ 76.3¢ 2269958
Last updated 15.59pm 18/04/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.