MSB 2.08% 94.0¢ mesoblast limited

MSB Trading - 2020, page-20301

1. 1,609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1691
    I think you should consider Option C: MSB has been a shorter's best friend for a LONG TIME. Price goes up a fair bit on an announcement, then tanks on the in-between, waiting until the next announcement. And again. And again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If that's the case, it's an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation for shorters (even professional ones). The price drops over the last few weeks fully support the wisdom of any shorter's hypothesis in that regard.

Given that, and while I am sure there are "educated" shorters that are well aware of the state of MSB's trials, and who are indeed "playing with fire," to quote The Yankee, I think there are likely just as many that view MSB as a plaything and a reliable source of short revenue (likely lumped in with other such stocks).

WE know that the difference now is the next likely announcements are actually transformative for the company, and if there are classic MSB drops after the news, those drops will be pulling back slightly from increases that are multiples of the current share price, not from a measly .30 SP increase. That's why we've never seen @ddwn's fantasy "short squeeze" - not enough swing in the share price.

Really eager to see the FOMO buying the morning trading resumes on positive COVID ARDS results...
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.0¢
Change
-0.020(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $1.073B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ 97.0¢ 93.5¢ $1.424M 1.507M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 29390 93.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 14089 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.