MSB 6.45% $1.16 mesoblast limited

MSB Trading - 2020, page-322

1. 153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    It brings up an interesting concept.

Since investing 18mths ago and being exposed to this great forum. My learning would not have expanded as quickly as it has if it wasn't for the years of investment knowledge found among you educated people.

I have invested as much of my funds and limited time to learning the art of investing as I can.

In all the recommended books read which are great and after more time experiencing the market and re reading, it has be been valuable method.

However, being student/sucker of the self described experts/salespeople of investment education courses has not been the most beneficial pursuit, Yes I found value but not in direct proportion to the value I payed for it.

I could not have learnt the ideas, principles and analysis of business investing that is to be found right here in a more effective way.

The depth of curiosity and research from the many perspectives is invaluable to the beginner that is me.

For that, I thank each and everyone of you, the for and the against.

Back to my query.

So much discussion and observation has been had about the ability algorithmic trading as a strategy to suppress/lower the price of MSB's shares in both the short term and medium term time frames.

What our people's views on how algorithmic trading will function when not utilised as a shorting technique but instead as a buying strategy in a scenario where in the next 12 months, Mesoblast has it's First USFDA approval and gets 2 clinically meaningful phase 3 read outs?

In particular, could algorithmic trading now be a positive factor functioning as a driver for share price increase?

If so, how do the mechanics of that work? Do they work most effectively on shorter time frames where there is lower volume and slight indecision during a bull run?

Could that not then "snipe" at the sellers volume causing small prices rises which would then work on the psychological impact of urgency to buy from the market?

Are there negatives? Wilder price movements? Greater volatility? I am curious if MSB could have the same price movements as CUV?

I understand both have different share dilution but similar markets just at different life stages.

Most will know CUV current P/E ration is 95 times.

and since gaining approval in the us the price spiked to over $40 before dropping to around $29.

Based on this observation. Could MSB share the same fate? It's a potential high earning company that will have much hype soon around it.

Could algorithmic trading contribute that same volitility and to what effect?

The potentially substantial value being created, is in of course the the technology of MSB being validated and revenue acualised. Before that could we see the same spikes as CUV?

Wild price spikes up would be a nice change.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.16
Change
0.070(6.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.20 $1.11 $20.88M 17.94M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 59978 $1.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 34019 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.15
  Change
0.070 ( 5.63 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.12 $1.20 $1.12 3733217
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.