MSB 2.73% $1.07 mesoblast limited

MSB Trading - 2020, page-350

1. 1,305 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    With regards to why people here buy Mesoblast...
    I am an Artist. I spend my days at home painting or delving into Art history books. My degrees are in Art.
    However, in my family (and circle) there are many doctors. All my life, I have been surrounded by people talking about Medical things.
    And many years ago, I worked in banking and later, in wealth management.
    For most of my life, I have had older people around me who chatted with me about investing, particularly in shares but also in Art (and I studied Asian Art in London), but also about investing in films and yabbies and Tasmanian salmon...all sorts of things.
    So, I started investing when I was a teenager - term deposits, debentures, bonds, property, that kind of thing.
    I became interested in shares and had a watchlist for around 5 years before I bought any shares at all.
    By the time I first bought Mesoblast in my 50s, I had already been investing in shares for around 15 years and held a modest amount of shares in around 20 companies, mostly blue chips, for dividend income. Shares are my sole income.
    But Mesoblast was different.
    And this will make you shake your head and smile...I bought Mesoblast shares because I had a dream.
    Yes. I had a dream.
    I dreamt that I was seated on a sofa and on the coffee table in front of me was an open newspaper, the Australian Financial Review. Across the double page spread was the headline in huge letters MESOBLAST. Next to me, there was an old man dressed in a suit (I have seen this man in my dreams from time to time for my whole life, he tells me things), and he said "when the shares go up, you must not think about the money, you must think about all the good that will come to the world". I awoke and wrote the name Mesoblast on a piece of paper next to my bed. In the morning, I looked up Mesoblast on the Internet, it was a name that I had not heard before. Somehow, I felt compelled to purchase a small parcel $10 000 worth of shares. I felt a bit silly doing it but I did it anyway. And as I learnt more about Mesoblast, I bought more. Soon after, the price fell considerably and I felt pretty stupid. Sigh. But I stuck with it...and bought more. I now have 73000 shares, which is still a relatively small percentage of my total investments but I do not think that I shall buy more, 73 000 is enough for me.
    Thank you so much for all your thoughtful and insightful posts, ecoool2. I really do appreciate them.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.030(2.73%)
Mkt cap ! $1.221B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.11 $1.21 $1.05 $28.73M 25.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14264 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 24626 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.08
  Change
-0.030 ( 2.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.21 $1.05 5190842
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.