MSB 1.67% 91.5¢ mesoblast limited

Another good summary from a member (left-e) over at US Yahoo...

1. 270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    Another good summary from a member (left-e) over at US Yahoo message board. Hope they don't mind me sharing.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MESO

"I agree, yesterday's move was likely fueled by the CEO's presentation on Wednesday. He didn't give much new in content, but he underlined the company's strategy remains on target, always a relief in biotech. Perhaps the market is waking up to the fact that the product now labeled Ryoncil could get FDA approval anytime in the next few months. It's already approved in Japan and there's a wealth of trial data going back years documenting its safety and efficacy. The fast track status and rolling review into the final admin module plus the announcement of an approved brand name suggest preceding major hurdles (trial data, manufacturing) have been cleared. And we're in an environment where the FDA has been making earlier than expected announcements, Amarin's Vascepa is a recent example. This is one where it's wise not to be sitting on the sidelines when an announcement comes.

In medicine Ryoncil is a big deal. The FIRST FDA approved allogenic stem cell treatment. Allogenic meaning it's a transplant from one human to another. We could really say it will be the first FDA approved stem cell treatment. Because to date the FDA has only 1) ignored, 2) tolerated, or 3) banned. They've told clinics what cannot be done. And in some cases that has included banning certain autologous stem cell treatments, ie treatments using an individual's own stem cells. So, this is a breakthrough... and notice he used one very sweet word in his presentation: cure. This is a treatment that leads to the cure of an illness with a 90% mortality rate in children. No ongoing treatments required. A cure of an illness provoked by bone marrow transplant from a matched donor.... that can now be treated... by of all things a second transplant of MSC's from the bone marrow of an unrelated donor. Pretty incredible stuff. Meanwhile treatments with small molecule inhibitors (names ending in -ib) are falling by the wayside due to toxicity (Incyte's ruxolitinib / Jakafi) or lack of efficacy (Incyte's itacitinib).

He talked about patents. Mesoblast has over 1000 patents in its stem cell therapy estate. It's a reason I think FDA approval will put them in play with big pharma. Deep pockets to defend against big players who will invariably step on the patents. My opinion. Meanwhile ph 3 results are pending on the spinal and cardiac products, pivotal in the latter case meaning another approval is on the horizon. 2020 should be a good year for MESO. Careful hedging or selling it short, and many thanks to whomever sold me those $5 calls in November. Much appreciated, it brought me out of message board retirement. GLTA".
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
91.5¢
Change
0.015(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $1.044B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 93.5¢ 89.0¢ $6.949M 7.616M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6000 91.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.0¢ 134540 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
90.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 0.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
91.0¢ 93.5¢ 89.0¢ 1824946
Last updated 15.59pm 25/04/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.