MSB 8.25% $1.05 mesoblast limited

Unfortunately @alhambra is making a reasonable point, which I...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    Unfortunately @alhambra is making a reasonable point, which I have to agree, with in my mind, if not my aching heart.

This is a volatile stock, deal with it. We are all grown ups and thanks to the hard work of certain posters on HC all the risks are constantly set out.

However there is a line between the natural volatility of a stock like ours, and illegal manipulation of the stock. I will rely on others who have a better knowledge of the ASX and or Nasdaq rules to point out where potential illegal activities are taking place.

May I suggest, that Journo guy at the AFR (Tommy Rubbishin?) could do a great "undercover with the shorters" piece. They say that you should never work with your friends and/or animals, but sometimes you have to make a exception. Truth at any price I say, don't you agree, Tommy?

The rules of borrowing shares should be tightened up but if they can get away with it at the moment they will. All of you who have funds to buy more shares, any successful shorting of the stock is in your favour. Those like me who are fully invested, I am not selling so the current price is irrelevant.
    When we get our partnerships, AA, EUA and such like. Those who are shorting and have a position they can't close quickly may lose a bundle.
    I would have lost nothing as I held.
    Really it is those who believe in the science and the ability of the company to manage the finances and pathways to approval, against those who believe in history repeating itself (or insider trading).

Those who have a CFD positions I accept that this may be difficult position for you. Those with May options, success is mainly news dependent, but accept that the shorting can again make it harder for you. However these are sophisticated financial instruments for the sophisticated investor. They will know all about the risks of shorters on this stock, it will be part of their calculation. That is too far over my head! There is an advert for spread betting alongside this.... no chance!

For me the interesting thing is that the volume of shares traded seems to have reduced substantially last few days. Perhaps the big push down is over until the next news? I expect if that is the case, then perhaps a gradual reduction in the short position will be seen as last time. I believe it was @otherperspective who mentioned that the interest rate on loan stock if available was very high. So if the share stabilises then that is another cost that they have to absorb. I wonder if there are some canny investors, gradually accumulating stock, (which appears at the moment to be bottomed out.) as they anticipated the next news to be good. If there is a exit "flood" from short positions, then I suspect we will speculate that the news is good and that others KNOW it is good. Vice versa on that I'm afraid.

Some posters have been speculating on getting AA or EUA for Ards in Japan, given the amazing efficacy and safety track record we have over there, and to get more data of success into the public domain. IMO, Capital idea, and in this case, it is our capital.

In the meantime to continue the what to read why waiting theme.

This one appears to be pitched at the right level for me, and dare I suggest a few others on this forum?
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3152/3152883-4d7cf2d84e8325e748137c4c768e9d15.jpg

Regards
    Yelrom

Last edited by yelrom: 05/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
0.080(8.25%)
Mkt cap ! $1.198B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.06 99.0¢ $4.930M 4.779M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23545 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 339479 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.