MSB 8.25% $1.05 mesoblast limited

@alhambra ,In replySlightly off topic in that this is a forum...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    @alhambra ,
    In reply
    Slightly off topic in that this is a forum for Mesoblast, yet relevant as the share price and the general market is important. Think of this as a long question.

This awaited market correction, is something that I have heard about for some time now. I was curious exactly what you meant by the capital inflows from Government being absorbed......, artificially supported by the markets?

My take with my limited knowledge-

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be", (William Shakespeare) wise words for us perhaps? However for a Government the new catch phrase seems to be (as I understand it)
    "Borrow from me and lend to me" (Yelrom Headshake) confusing words perhaps? However it seems to sum up the magic money game that is being played.

In the UK they issue debt, debt brought by the financial institutions, then the Bank of England seems to buy to it back, so the banks/institutions have the same money to lend to them again. Interest rates effectively nothing and they keep doing it. I think in the old day they called it printing money. Now I think they call it Quantitative stealing or something like that. But this year I think, the government now owes itself another £300 Billion. How the hell does that work Doctor? (I have a certain Doc on ignore)

Look I only have a degree in playing hookey from school, so I cannot understand how they play the game of the government ending up owing billions to itself and not think it won't end in tears

Of course this is just the extra Covid debt, then we had the financial crisis debt, and then we have the structural deficit debt, pension liability debt etc etc etc. All of them seem to be going up. Oh and then we all want better healthcare, schools, pensions, football players (for Arsenal only) roads, greener energy and I don't know about Australia but certainly in the UK, for Amazon, Apple, Starbucks etc to pay for it all. And the very rich or course.

When the tap is turned down or off, I suspect "trouble at Mill"

It is not surprising that people are turning to real assets and a few esoteric investments. Unfortunately what we may think to be a real asset can easily be confiscated, but we try and protect ourselves as best we can.

You @alhambra as a sophisticated investor and from what you post, wait on the sidelines for Mesoblast to tick whatever box you have determined before you invest. Mug me, simply looked at the science, worked out how long I could wait and invested. Either way we wait, in the meantime I suspect your Meso Money is sitting in other shares and maybe in cash, only you know.

Healthcare is one of the areas that people are less willing to cut back on. Our therapies will gravitate to where they can be afforded. Hopefully that will give me some sort of protection from a downturn. The places that can afford it, will I expect have the relatively stronger currencies. Living in the UK hopefully that will give me some protection against a weak pound and inflation when it starts to bite.

That is my bet, my assessment and the reason why I invested.

I could have brought a few more rental properties, but the government in effect temporarily took the right to receive rent from a contract away from landlords (but not any tax liabilities) and the return on capital is pathetic. So even property which is a UK obsession is not as safe as people are being led to believe. With Grey hair comes the memory of property crashes.

In summary for all its volatility and uncertainty I decided that Mesoblast was the safest investment that offered a decent return as I agree with you that it is going to get tougher a lot tougher. Ironically there is also a lot of money chasing a return..

Anyone with enough patience to wade through this, please, this is just imo, and would not recommend this to anyone. For a start Arsenal have had a really bad season (again!)
    So we carry on waiting, the big question (another I cannot answer) is, what exactly as a measurement of Mesoblast time, is a few?
    Going to lie down for a while now.

Regards
    Yelrom

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
0.080(8.25%)
Mkt cap ! $1.198B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.06 99.0¢ $4.930M 4.779M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23545 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 339479 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.