MSB 3.21% $1.13 mesoblast limited

Q&A on the above - including Left-e's response:ablidy15 hours...

1. 3,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 951
    Q&A on the above - including Left-e's response:

• 15 hours ago
      @Other it is my contention that other stem cells will be require to setup a combinatory niche such as dendritic, NK stem cells , Car-NK , Car-T to reboot the immune system for over 65's

• ablidy
      15 hours ago
      This is well written analysis on a position for FDA approvals of Mesoblasts's cells
      Bullish

• Other
      17 hours ago
      @ronorgwen I would have to agree, it is very frustrating but a few points to consider :
      1) A CRL is not a “no”… it is a “not now” … we need to resolve some issues … but I believe ,there is still a pathway to approval which the Company is pursuing. Have you ever asked yourself why there is a meeting with OTAT regarding Quality Attributes rather than a requirement to restart the whole process post a further RCT for srGVHD ? My interpretation is that as a first in class treatment using allogenic cells the greatest remaining concern is batch and product consistency… a universal standard approach to best practice need to be determined by the FDA who have to be aware of the precedent set by any new approvals .

2) with regards to the Revascor trial. I believe MESO correctly identified ischemic patients as the most likely to benefit, post the LVAD clinical results..but they did not fully appreciate the role that CRP and levels of non chronic inflammation had to play in activation of their cells. The results of the RCT , whilst failing to meet a primary endpoint, show that in a very substantial proportion of the patients receiving MSCs there is efficacy the likes of which are UNPARALLELED in the treatment of CHF … indeed for the large ischemic Grade 2 cohort a “sweet spot” has been identified which halts PROGRESSION of the disease !!! What the FDA will make of such spectacular findings we shall have to wait and see. Far from rejecting the data the FDA has yet to formally meet with MESO to formally provide the regulatory path to approval for both CHF and CLBP.

3) the results from the lower back pain trial were all the more remarkable when you consider that many physicians broke with protocol and prescribed enhanced opioid medication to the control group … which obviously prejudiced the results against Mesoblast . This is a point no one talks about …. Just like the 49% of patients being Grade D in our srGVHD trial which shows great efficacy.

4) the ARDS trial … is Silviu right ? Should we have used a higher dose in the over 65’s . On our current dosage in combo with dexamethasone for under 65’s in ventilated Covid 19 patients … our results are first in class… the data set needs to be bigger. With the FDA give EUA . Maybe? .. otherwise a month delay for a 200 ? patient confirmatory trial is in prospect . In less than a year we may have a therapy for a condition which occupies 1in 10 beds in ICU !

• Left-e
      17 hours ago
      @Other (Perspective), I like everything in your analysis except "the FDAs initial refusal to allow dexa whilst thrusting remdesivir as the only treatment option" part. Dexamethasone has been FDA approved for over 50 years, so the decision not to use it in the early days of the C-19 epidemic had nothing to do with the FDA. Likewise, the decision to halt trials of FDA-approved meds like HCQ. I strongly disagree with the FDA decision on Mesoblast's BLA for aGvHD, but let's not pile all the evils of the world on that one agency when larger forces are at play... the FDA hasn't yet spoken on the ARDS results. We'll be better investors if we're a bit more discerning.. Data are being analyzed and meetings organized, so let's give them a chance here. EUA is still possible, certainly a positive decision by NVS to continue the collaboration could be announced anytime. We'll also see if the ARDS data and bioassay results have any impact on the BLA. My impression from the last CC was that the "snag" (ie CRL) has more to do with proving batch consistency than efficacy (suggesting an FDA softening on the requirement for a new trial before approval). So, we'll see, hopefully soon. Meanwhile, the paper you attached is from Dr Matthay's group out of UCSF. This is academic research using university generated MSCs, and I applaud it. No one is going to be doing mini-BALs in standard trials like MSB is running, So the results are interesting and push the science forward. No evidence they're planning to commercialize their MSCs that I'm aware of. Note they're using MSCs and not MAPCs, Athersys. I take it as a compliment. It adds to the mountain of academic research backing the use of this robust cell type.

• ronorgwen
      20 hours ago
      If the Meso trials have been so successful, why do we STILL not have an approval from the FDA? I’m tired of hearing about good results that lead to nothing more than SI talking about said results. And I’ve been a shareholder for over a year now.

• Michael
      yesterday
      There are just too many Stem Cell companies closely chasing MESO, with similar Phase 2 results and data, for this to be a “Shot in the Dark!” There is no pill which can alter the devastating end points of aGVHD, or cause a greater than 60% reduction in Mortality, in CHF. Was it just luck? I don’t think so. Other companies stem cells are pro missing as well. We can’t stumble here. We just need to keep beating the FDA over the Head in required confirmatory studies. I think the dosing is right and it is safe proven in 4 Phase 1 studies! Others continue to advance their stem cells. This Guy Knopfler is a negative Nancy, stuck on stupid. I sincerely doubt he has inside info on MESO’s ARDS and Covid Studies and Data. What little has been leaked to us, is promising and there are billions of dollars in Stem studies from multiple players, waiting for some asphalt to go down on this newly laid roadbed. Steroids are the Standard of Care, for much of what we are trying to effect as far as outcomes. Once the road is paved, Stem Cells could change the World and WE know it. GLTAL Let’s get this done and retire!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.