MSB 1.49% 99.5¢ mesoblast limited

MSB Trading 2021 - paradigm shift, page-9197

1. 693 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 266
    Apologies, I need to add a caveat to my previous comment:

"... to the extent that we generate taxable profits in Australia and the US, then there is a huge benefit!!"

Bear in mind the current MSB structure is set up to realise profits in the low tax jurisdictions of Singapore (manufacturing margins) and Switzerland (IP royalties).

Very little profit will be generated in Australia - very few end user sales, a bit like CSL which pays very little Australian tax as evidenced by the fact that most dividends are unfranked. And very little IP owned by an Australian MSB entity, so minimal royalty inflows. As an aside, don't expect franked dividends!

Some profits will accrue in the US through royalties, although apart from some early high value patents all the IP has been shifted to Switzerland (and those patents still held by Mesoblast Inc in the US will shortly expire, if they haven't already). The US will, of course, generate some profits from end-user sales, although transfer pricing should hopefully ensure that most of these are captured in the manufacturing margin in Singapore.

So either way, the tax losses may not be the asset we might think they are!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
-0.015(1.49%)
Mkt cap ! $1.136B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.02 $1.02 99.5¢ $2.005M 1.991M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14424 99.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 63643 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.