MSB 0.92% $1.08 mesoblast limited

MSB Trading - Aug 2020 on, page-698

1. 1,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1110
    A lot of it is probably short sellers and algo traders, day traders making a few quick bucks. The report that came out had a negative "flavour" while being technically as expected, so there's a lot of money to be made by firing off a few quick trades. Some people probably made 10% in 10 minutes this morning, not bad.

We've already dissected the important points of the report two pages back, but just wanted to point out three more key thoughts:

1) A lot of people would read the text that says "Therefore, any efficacy remestemcel-L might have in treating this
    disease is not sufficient to demonstrate the product’s mechanism of action." they think it means that the CLINICAL TRIAL was a failure, when in fact the issue is that they are not yet convinced that the QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCESS Mesoblast is sufficient to guarantee every cell batch has the same effectiveness as the cells used in the trial

2) Science (and especially innovation in science) in the US has a different culture to Australia. The academic world there sees it as their responsibility to tear shreds off every new discovery to check it for robustness. They have a process there when you do a PHD where you have to defend your thesis while scholars basically throw shade at you for a few hours. It sometimes gets pretty intense. This is a process that, for better or worse, is designed to result in robust and tested science, though I suspect it's also a rite of passage and the old cronies do enjoy throwing a bit of shade at young candidates. Anyway, if you deal with USA scientists on a regular basis you know they aren't afraid of confronting language and calling out things they see as needing some explanation. In my work we often have to go back 2 or 3 times with new data to satisfy their aggressive demands and then we all go for a drink afterwards and eat some sushi. It's different to what I know of the culture of science in
    Australia where we are a bit less intense (yet definitely just as talented).

3) Finally, if owning Mesoblast shares has taught me anything, it's that you can't be a holder of this stock if you are easily emotionally triggered. There's been huge upswings, big falls and it gets day traded and shorted to hell and back. As others have wisely said, whatever your investment plan is for MSB shares you need to be rational about it as a retail investor or you will lose money. Try and decide what is right for you on the days when the stock is not moving aggressively in big moves, rather than panic selling or buying... having a plan is essential for this stock, in my opinion.

All of the above are thoughts only based on my experience. I think it's good to try and learn as much as you can about the clinical trial process and the steps for FDA approval so you can DYOR and not be as reliant on articles, speculation and internet heresay.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.08
Change
-0.010(0.92%)
Mkt cap ! $1.233B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.11 $1.05 $5.002M 4.632M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5697 $1.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.09 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.09
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.10 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.09 $1.11 $1.06 1181223
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.