MSB 7.73% $1.05 mesoblast limited

MSB trading, page-1099

1. 5,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8927
    @aatisket

Appreciate you taking the time the other day to provide a comprehensive response to my question.

Totally understand the reluctance to invest on 'hope/potential' ... I am sure most can attest to fact that it is a risky strategy that fails more times than not, but maybe it has to do with each individual's investment appetite which I find changes as one gets older/wiser.

You note that the pediatric aGVHD market is too small... what context are you referring to? From an industry perspective, or from MSB's perspective? I calculated on another thread that MSB will only need to treat approx 75 patients each quarter to generate US$22.5m (@$300k each patient for a 2 week course), which will result in positive quarterly cash flows.

75 patients a quarter is approx 25% of the US/EU market, so somewhat achievable in the first 12-24 months post launch IMO. Even so, they won't achieve this immediately, but getting anywhere near that will result in a significant reduction in cash burn...

Still on aGVHD, I am personally of the view that if MSCs are able to treat such an aggressive and devastating condition in aGVHD ... heart failure, lower back pain and RA should really be a piece of cake in comparison.

You are correct in saying the aGVHD market is small in general as compared to the other indications the market is small, in my view this is largely due to the fact that aGVHD is so aggressive, most patients will not live more than a few months after contracting the disease.

Compare this to CHF, RA or CLBP where sufferers will be able to live with these conditions for decades, and thus the population of patients can grow over time.

Looking back at how MSB started its journey... they decided to choose RA, CLBP, and CHF as their tier 1 programs to progress due to their knowledge of the mechanism of action of MSCs, and applying that knowledge to unmet medical needs where MSCs are most likely going to be successful (from a theory point of view).

aGVHD came along later, but again they purchased the portfolio off Osiris based on theory and having a successful phase 3 FDA trial for the aGVHD trial provides proof of concept, and a very strong one at that given how aggressive the disease is.

So from a clinical point of view, I don't see Mesoblast being far off providing overwhelming proof of concept... personally having a positive result in an independently run phase 2b LVAD trial (again the most advanced stage of CHF) would really seal the deal for me, and I imagine a lot of skeptics (but not all of course).

With an RMAT designation, product approval and a partner is almost guaranteed for the LVAD market.

However the LVAD market is still the little brother compared to the class II/III patients ... but if a partner were found for the LVAD market ... would be interesting to see if that would be enough to get you on the register again

Quarterly out soon, will be interesting to see what revenues are this month ... did last month's Temcell sales represent an anomaly or is it really trending up.

Next 24 months will be the most critical period that Mesoblast will have faced ... by mid 2020 MSB is either going to be sub $1 or $5+

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
0.075(7.73%)
Mkt cap ! $1.196B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.06 99.0¢ $3.966M 3.856M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 61673 $1.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 47786 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.58pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.