MSB 1.09% 92.5¢ mesoblast limited

MSB trading, page-2990

1. 426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11871

The shorters are working hard today... in fact all week. On Monday, for example they made up 31% of daily volume according to the shortman website . The official ASX website has the new total position as of yesterday’s date at 7.24% ..up from 7.07 %last week. The only days the shorters slowed to only 8% of daily volume is when a positive announcement came out.

I have watched this situation develop over many companies. Shorters generally wait for capitulation from retail investors, before risking trying to buy their shares

back. Often, when the short position  exceeds 10% they get nervous in a “crowded trade” and some of the original players buy back making manipulation difficult. https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=MSBs 10%

The big giveaway ( if anyone can be bothered to watch) is when they increase their position increases , like this week,when  the news flow is good (they work to hold the price down). They are well aware of traders on this website who are waiting for a “bottom to be formed in the chart” which is why they will be looking out for a block of stock to unwind their position quickly

Interesting that the price surged in the US today where I presume they have more problems finding stock to borrow ? The market will also also be watching the short operators build up their position. I love a good short squeeze ,although they still have the whip hand at the moment. There is always the risk that we are the mugs . Over the years I have been dismayed at the exuberance and deceitfullness of some boards, but that looks extremely unlikely here. The news yesterday was extremely positive . I remember reading a cell biology report published in June this year about the need to manufacture and transport stem cells at very low temperature and how batch consistency in  MPC generated cells is so important. Remember when you are producing these cells at scale, our contract manufacturing facilities, which are concentrated atjust one site, become key. Funny how no one has mentioned that these concerns are normally dealt with at the very end of the process, when the science has been proven

I added about another 60,000 shares to my ASX holding today. None was available in the US at a sensible price. I anticipated the behaviour of the shorts but the more news flow validation the greater the risk they are going to  get caught out. I reflect on the fact that being long my upside is theoretically many multiples of my entry price. You can’t say that with a short position. Ask yourself ..how this price would perform if someone tried to buy back 300,000 shares every day in a thin market. Let’s hope we are right !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.5¢
Change
0.010(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $1.056B
Open High Low Value Volume
90.5¢ 94.0¢ 89.5¢ $4.970M 5.436M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18877 92.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.5¢ 6795 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.