MSB 3.21% $1.13 mesoblast limited

MSB trading, page-801

1. 6,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1055
    Success is built on connections

Mesoblast works from the offices of Thorney Investments, which is owned by the Pratt family (worth an estimated $12.9 billion). Itescu worked at Thorney as a technology assessor before starting Mesoblast.

Thorney is also a major holder of Mesoblast shares.

I think about connections when investing. Doesn't always pay off but losing money doesn't go down to well in the family.

I don't think there will be any more dilution of the stock as proven the recent Hercules credit facility. I think we are nearing commercialization. Time will tell.

DYOR

P.S The money in the States blows my mind!!!

-----------------------------------------

MSB_Trump and pratt.PNG

It is Saturday night in late April 2018 at the luxurious Mar-a-Lago resort in the billionaires' playground of West Palm Beach, Florida. Inside the dining room – a faithful replica of that in the 15th-century Palazzo Chigi in Rome – the 50 or so formally dressed guests have risen from their tables to applaud the President of the United States as he arrives for his 8.15pm dinner appointment.
    Donald Trump pauses at the door and momentarily soaks in the applause before waving and calling out "enjoy your dinner!" to the gathering of super rich and Florida elite. The President then strides purposefully towards Anthony Pratt, who has been given a table directly next to his, and says without hesitation: "Anthony, great to see you and thanks for the ad!"

The ad was a full-page advertisement placed in The Wall Street Journal that same day headlined with the words "Making good on our pledge" and "Creating jobs in the Midwest". Next to a photo of Pratt leaning in towards the camera, along with his signature, the accompanying text sets out how, in 2017, Pratt Industries pledged to invest $US2 billion to create 5000 manufacturing jobs in the United States. "And today, we are breaking ground on a billion-dollar investment in a new paper mill and box factory in Wapakoneta, Ohio," it reads, with more box factories planned for Indiana and Pennsylvania. Pratt supports Trump more than most, and he does so in a very outward manner.

The billionaire box-maker quickly motions for his dining companion (your correspondent) to step forward to meet the President, at which time we inform Trump that Pratt tops this year's Financial Review Rich List.

"Wow, in Australia? Well, he's the number one person here," replies Trump who in person is slimmer than he appears on TV and yet even more larger-than-life. Secret service agents line the wall, keeping a constant watch on all present. Trump then adds with a flourish: "You know, he was with me before I ran", in reference to a $100,000 bet Pratt made, after the third presidential debate in October 2016, on Trump beating Hillary Clinton at the election.

Trump: 'The great Anthony Pratt!'

Trump then walks towards his table where he is to dine with a small group of friends, including US billionaire Isaac Perlmutter, the former owner of Remington Products and Marvel Toys. Suddenly, before taking his seat, he turns and points to Pratt for the whole room to see, and booms: "Ladies and gentlemen, the great Anthony Pratt!" Every diner is now applauding Pratt, who beams in appreciation.
    Over dinner featuring Chilean sea bass and meat loaf, the latter following the recipe of Trump's late mother, Mary, Pratt sets out why he believes Trump will win the next US presidential election, due in November 2020.
    "I think President Trump will win a second term because he's creating jobs," Pratt says. "There are three things that are important to hard-working Americans: jobs, number two is jobs and number three, jobs. I think he's doing a fantastic job."
    Once the main course is cleared, desserts of crème brûlée and bread-and-butter pudding are ordered. Upon their arrival comes a surprise in the form of an extra dish. "The President ordered his favourite ice-cream sundae for the table," a waitress explains as she puts down a large plate featuring three scoops of vanilla ice cream, sides of chocolate, strawberry (the President's favourite flavour, a staff member later reveals) and caramel sauce, nuts and raisins.

Trump picks up the tab

After polishing off two desserts each – it is quickly deemed inadvisable to not eat the presidential sundae – another waitress returns to whisper: "Mr Pratt, the President just wanted you to know he has taken care of your meal tonight."
    Yes, that actually happened. The 45th President of the United States of America just paid for dinner for Australia's richest person and the
    AFR Magazine. The most powerful person in the world takes time during his last visit to Mar-a-Lago before it shuts for the American summer to lavish attention on an Australian billionaire. In the following week he will meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, entertain French President Emmanuel Macron at a glittering state dinner where the flowers and table arrangements are directed by his wife Melania, and then take all the credit for a historic peace deal between North and South Korea.

On his way out of the room and, presumably, back to the affairs of state, Trump shouts to Pratt: "Hey Anthony, I heard you got a little something there you didn't order. I hope you enjoyed it. I heard you ordered something else, [but] it wasn't as nice as this, was it?"
    The President shakes hands with guests, waves to an adoring room that again gives him a standing ovation, and departs. Pratt is grinning, elated.
    http://www.copyright link/brand/afr...elps-anthony-pratt-get-richer-20180413-h0yql9

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.