HDR hardman resources limited

AcamasTo buy TLW:LSE, Tullow on the LSE requires GBP.To buy...

1. 213 Posts.
    Acamas

To buy TLW:LSE, Tullow on the LSE requires GBP.
    To buy TUWLF:US, Tullow on the US market cost $US. At present TUWLF is slightly cheaper in $US having gone down 4.561% but the arbitrage people tend to keep the prices much the same as the exchange rates vary.

The Chinese are thinking of selling all their $US in favour of stronger currencies.
    I think the almighty dollar is no longer the curreny of choice and world trade in commodities which have traditionally been quoted in $US may give way to quotes in Euros one day or maybe Yaun or Rupees?

Oil at $98/bbl hasn't changed all that much in A$. The American people are suffering but it makes little difference to Australians.

I think takeovers are driven by factors other than exchange rates.

Complex

International contracts have traditionally been written in $US which I have always regarded as questionable. They should be written in the currencies of the countries involved.

A contart between an Australian company and a Japanese company sould be written with values approximately 50% in $A and 50% in Yen with annual adjustments for changes in exchange rates.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.