MT and Gas 2, page-58

1. 26,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Thanks for the photo pugsley, there will be an IPO around August of an Australian company that has technology based on Graphene membranes that will be able to filter the contaminates in this pond, making rehabilitation much more economically viable.
    In WA we have had a situation where an ASX listed company used a " loophole " to avoid the rehabilitation of its tenements , I am pro using our natural resources, but we must use them in an environmentally rational and responsible way IMHO.
    New Mines Minister wants tougher mine clean-up rules

The company that owned Ellendale was sent into administration by its then ASX-listed parent, Kimberley Diamonds, in mid-2015.
    Late that year, liquidators used provisions in the Corporations Act to file a “notice of disclaimer of onerous property” and dump responsibility for the mine — along with an estimated $28 million clean-up cost — on to the fund.
    The decision highlighted a major flaw in the MRF, which replaced the old environmental bond system in 2013 with an industry-wide levy to ensure historic abandoned mines could be rehabilitated.

https://thewest.com.au/business/min...nts-tougher-mine-clean-up-rules-ng-b88457528z

Raider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.