HAW 0.00% 6.0¢ hawthorn resources limited

Not getting into the cat fight between lcy and haw but touching...

1. Iay
    108 Posts.
    Not getting into the cat fight between lcy and haw but touching on a few assumptions that have been made.

NMDC invested into 50% of LCY before they had officially got 60% of mt bevan. Yes it was a forgone conclusion that they would but it hadn't happened yet. Also there was never any guarantee that they would get the rest of mt bevan and easily. Not once have I seen an announcement saying that it is written into the JV that LCY will own 100% of mt bevan.

NMDC are also using LCY as a vehicle to buy other assets in Australia, pretty smart move by them to secure resources for India in the long term.

But the real question is why does everyone doubt HAW has a similar international backer interested? With the price where it is they could invest into HAW cheaper than NMDC did with LCY, they could also get 40% of mt bevan and I say again, NMDC were never guaranteed 100% of it and still don't have it, so they invested only to get 60%. Assumptions may have been made on their part but then do you invest millions on assumptions? Also they don't seem to be in any mad rush to secure the rest of mt bevan.

And again Australia is still rich with mineral assets that are appealing to other countries in the long term. Resources that HAW could buy just as well as LCY.

Just putting this out there and I have no doubt LCY will try and stomp on poor HAW's neck with the force of a billion indians and probably do it too. But NMDC and India are not the only people out there looking to secure resources or with money.

Good luck HAW and LCY holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 16000 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.6¢ 15294 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.