LYC 0.64% $7.72 lynas rare earths limited

Dimulos, that is exactly what could happen. If Lynas cash flow...

1. 1,705 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 644
    Dimulos, that is exactly what could happen. If Lynas cash flow allows repayment of JARE debt, or only a portion, that should allow Lynas to reborrow those funds, and possibly further advances to purchase the MK C Notes.

My analysis of the situation suggests this is a very probable outcome. Maybe not all the notes, but whatever can be safely funded over the next 4 years.

If RE prices recover and trend is confirmed I see no way that shareholders would approve MK going past the 19.99% level. If Lynas can purchase notes before MK convert, then MK may end up with significantly less than 19.99%, in which case hopefully all shareholders would be happy. MK want their money back, not ownership of Lynas and I am sure would be willing to assist this repayment process. They have extracted their pound of flesh with the warrants to cover lost interest, so all should be happy with a full payout.

As an aside, this could well act as a trigger in support of WW1 suggestion of a 63c market price for Lynas shares, I assume pre any consolidation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.