AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

mt mulligan rich for mining rebirth.

1. 671 Posts.
    Mt Mulligan Rich for Mining rebirth...

"" The name of Mt Mulligan has a special place in Queensland's mining annuals.
    It was the site of one of the nations's worst mining tragedies when 75 men died in a mine explosion in 1921.
    Perth-based Mantle Mining could bring the name back into prominence with exploration of the coal and coal seam methane deposits.
    Mantle Mining is a diversified minerals exploration company with a large portfolio of projects across a range of 'in high demand' commodities.
    These include gold, coal and coal bed methane, uranium and phosphate.
    Earlier this year Mantle announced its interest in the coal seam methane potential of Mt Mulligan. Crucial to further advances in this project are negtioations with the traditional land owners, the Djungen people.
    Mantle managing director Ian Kraemer said talks with the Djungen people had been posititve and he hoped discussions over an indigenous land use agreement could be finalised early next year. This would allow Mantle to proceed to exploration of the historic deposits which were last mined in 1957.
    Current exploration will determine whether Mantle proceeds to mine the estimated 500 milllion tonnes of coal or opts to look at coal seam methane.
    Mr Kraemer said the company's stated aim was to mine the deposit in the most culturally and envirionmentally sensitive manner which meant coal seam gas could prove a better and more economical option to open cut coal mining.
    "We have focused on early development options designed to best capture the current upsides of low impact, low capital and low emission energy production,'Mr Kraemer said.
    The exploration process would determine the extent of the resource and would be followed by normal development processes including the best option for mining or gas extraction.
    "There is a huge growing demand for gas and coal seam methane is easy to mine,"Mr Kraemer said.
    Options that would come under consideration if the company proceeds to coal seam methane included tapping into a gas pipeline which has been proposed from PNG, converting to LNG or putting the gas into the national electricity grid.
    Mr Kraemeer stressed all of this depended on "complete and equitable consultation with the traditional custodians".""

Extract from Cairns Post wednesday Businessweek The Mining Issue liftout page 20.

Nothing new really, just sharing a little snippet from the local Cairns paper for all Hotcopper Mantle posters.

Later and chins up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.