LYC 0.30% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

Just to give you some idea about how the institutional investors...

1. 1,064 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Just to give you some idea about how the institutional investors can gather that information:

My housemate is a former employee of one of the major global investment firms and said that they bought 20%+ shareholdings in key industries such as energy, shipping, etc. They could then ask for weekly updates, giving them live information on energy consumptions or shipping information of companies they actively traded. All that information was immediately fed back into their various models. They had therefore live (1 week intervals) updates on let's say Rio Tinto's Iron Ore output. Same can be valid for LYC's Mt Weld operations. Same with Oil, Aluminum etc. They would artificially delay large oil tanker deliveries before acquisitions to increase cost of production for the takeover target. Shortly before releasing oil deliveries they would then go short on oil.

Sorry for the off topic post. Thought I'd share this bit of information as I found it quite interesting. It seems quite obvious that they are doing it, but until someone tells you they actually did it it's easy to remain in a state of "oh no, they wouldn't".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.76
Change
0.020(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $6.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.70 $6.82 $6.68 $2.807M 415.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 226 $6.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.77 8307 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.23am 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.