1. 38,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 436

UCG syngas is widely known to have the potential to:

# fuel gas turbines for powergen

# be raw feed for conversion to diesel

# be raw feed for conversion to methane

# be raw feed for conversion to ammonia based fertiliser

But it goes deeper than that as:

# cleaner, cheaper powergen, meeting peak oil head on, may lead to complete new industries and lifestyles such as plug-in cars

# diesel can be cracked down into lighter chain petroleum products like avgas so we can continue to fly

# methane can be compressed into LNG and exported and/or used for domestic supply which can include transport industry fuel so we can distribute produce around the globe

# ammonia based fertilisers will assist the world to continue to punch above its "production weight" so we can feed an otherwise over-populated planet.

# the mere existance of UCG as a plausible, scalable energy alternative to oil in the face of peak oil, means that remaining oil reserves can be earmarked for essential uses like industrial and engine lubricants, pharmaceuticals and of course a transportation fuel as alternatives are developed

But is goes deeper still as no coal currently earmarked for conventional mining is being targeted for UCG. By utilising deeper coal resources, uneconomic to mine conventionally, UCG extend the availability of cleaner fossil fuel usage for at least two to three centuries.

So, (being the steak knife merchant I am) it could be said that UCG has the potential legacy of giving our childrens childrens childrens children a snowballs chance of finding and developing truly renewable infinite energy solutions.

Based on the above, it could be said (possibly only by me and with tongue in cheek) that UCG might mean the continuation of life on earth as we know it 8))

So ... bring on that remediated well design and Kingaroy reignition ... much is swinging on it.

Cheers
    Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.