APX 8.60% 50.5¢ appen limited

It baffles me how some people can be so bullish on AI and...

1. 74 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    It baffles me how some people can be so bullish on AI and believe in a few years AI will take over all human jobs, yet also be bullish on appen. LLMs are probability models, they are good at things they've seen many times before. Science, engineering, math, research take creativity, novel techniques. There's a saying "talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can see", current AI can't do anything it hasn't seen before, it'll output answers to such questions but the answers are likely to be nonsense. I can guarantee cutting edge scientific research will be the last thing AI replaces, AI researchers themselves will be replaced before the quantum field theory scientists and algebraic geometry mathematicians are replaced.

There's also a lot of talk about programmers being replaced. I've a novice in programming, but from my experience chatgpt cannot do complex problems, you need to break the problem into parts and ask it the parts individually. Also, another big issue is AI likes to give the "brute force" algorithm to a problem, in practice you must optimize the code with various techniques as the brute force method usually has exponential or even factorial run time. If the algorithm required is a common one, then as you'd expect, chatgpt does give the best optimized solution, but many problems one encounters are not well known. AI is very useful but imo programmers are still needed for the foreseeable future, what AI is good at is assisting programmers so one person can do 3 people's job (I'm just a beginner so might be wrong here).

Just amazing to see people who believe AI will take over the world soon and also believe appen will be relevant. Cognitive dissonance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.5¢
Change
0.040(8.60%)
Mkt cap ! $112.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 52.0¢ 46.5¢ $1.718M 3.470M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 112734 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 4880 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.