Multiculturalism works but just not with one particular culture, page-2

1. 6,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Well written, fonzo.

The problem is the aggressive medieval brand of Islam that the apologists and appeasers have let flourish, not so much the religion itself.

I have a Muslim mate, that was born in Alexandria, Egypt, and is in his late 60's now, that hates his religion's progression, or lack thereof. He hadn't been back to Alexandria since his childhood, and couldn't believe the amount of cotton on display, when he travelled there a couple of years ago. His early life was much the same as ours, as they'd have groups of guys and girls meeting at the beach, swimming together, and not the segregation that they have today.

He's no longer a practicing Muslim, as I am no longer a practicing catholic, even when he was, we'd still have a beer together. Since he's been out of the religion, no one has harassed him to come back, and he even went to a Mosque open day recently, explained his situation, and he was made most welcome.

With the Greeks, Chinese, Germans, Italians, etc, they all had to learn the language, and integrated to be part of every Australian family. Then you have some groups that have retained their identity by not even learning our language, and cocoon themselves into this almost separate state, which takes them back to the way of life they escaped from.

When you have the Pakistani cricket team, that isn't able to play cricket in front of their own countrymen, due to the potential for terrorism, you just have to recognise there is a problem. Whilst on Pakistani cricketers, I saw two Boxing Day test interviews, one by Wasim Akram, and the other by Waqar Younis, and one of the first things they both said was 'Merry Christmas', and Waqar went on to say, '.......and what a wonderful time of year it is'.
    Last edited by 9703yn: 24/01/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.