MPJ 0.00% 0.0¢ mining projects group limited

Multiple thick zones of nickel sulphides intersected, page-3

1. 4,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1668
    No.

One blob of sulphide about the size of a grape has 7% nickel. The overall intersection will have jack all.

"Portable Niton XRF sampling of selected blebs within the mineralised zone has confirmed nickel values ranging from 0.2% to 7% nickel."

So, you get your magic ray gun and you point it at an area of the slphides which is 5mm in diameter, and that 5mm area out of a 260m drill hole returns 7% nickel.

i mean, look at the actual core photos of the blebs. They have handily scribbled the actual chemistry of the sulphide blebs on the core in white wax pencil. I will list the results;

1 zone 2.5cm thick : Ni = 2.5%, Cu 1024ppm

1 squib of sulphide in serpentine-talc ultramafic 1.15% Ni, 1342ppm Cu. 0.3% As, so likely remobilised. No Zn so unlikely to be sedimentary.

1 bleb of sulphide 1cm across = 7.04% Ni, 6% As, 0.19% Cu, so definitely metamorphic. Also the browny colur sugghests a lot of pyhrrotite, so likely an assemblage of pyrite, pyhrrotite, pentlandite and chalcopyrite. That's not primary magmatic sulphide.

RHDD0025 rip-up clasts:
    0.56% Ni, 0.16% Cu
    0.17% Ni, 0.16% Cu
    0.52% Ni, 0.09% Cu

This nickel content is not much above the 0.44-0.48% Ni content of a high-MgO rock; ie it is possible that the nickel content in these blebs comes from metamorphic exsolution of nickel from the olivine in the lava, which then goes into the sulphides. The copper content is encouraging, but also ask yourself whether if they find this accumulation of sulphide, will it be economic? Nickel sulphide bodies are uniform in grade of nickel in 100% sulphide (aka nickel tenor) so if they find where these blbs come from, it's going to have 0.5% Ni and 0.1% Cu. Which is low-tenor.

My advice here is to not get carried away. What i am seeing is not a basal accumulation of nickel sulphides 600m long, but two holes 600m apart with evidence of remobilised sulphide, metamorphosed and reworked sulphide, and thus far a low-tenor body.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPJ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.