MXG multiplex group

re: multiplex not to escape wembley penalties.... The news item...

1. 4,770 Posts.
    re: multiplex not to escape wembley penalties.... The news item making this claim was soundly refuted by the FA that engaged the slack mxg outfit and penalties will be demanded.

Today this:
    Published: Thursday, 31 August, 2006, 10:19 AM Doha Time

LONDON: The English Football Association has been unfairly attacked over delays to the new Wembley stadium, its chief executive Brian Barwick claimed yesterday.
    The 90,000-seater stadium was due to open for business at the start of this year but Australian developer Multiplex announced a series of delays, forcing the FA to keep the FA Cup final at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium and arrange England fixtures at Old Trafford.
    And Multiplex announced this month that it was unlikely the FA Cup Final could return to its spiritual home next year either, although the FA strongly disagree.
    Barwick, speaking on BBC Radio Five Live on Wednesday, said: “I understand we are open to some degree of criticism, I would say misplaced criticism of the FA of Wembley Stadium not being open yet.
    “The fact of the matter is we are waiting for the builders to hand over the keys - we’re not building the stadium, Multiplex are building the stadium.” (AFP)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MXG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.