CVN 3.23% 16.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

munch munch munch, page-1034

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61

That's really interesting ncnda. Genuinely. The 'aint broke dont fix it' was just a viewpoint, not a Truism.

What did you invent?

Very cool. 

Its hard on these forums sometimes as it is very easy to distort and misinterpret the motivations and intentions of some posts. Thats just Social media for you... and perhaps I 'dwell between the lines' too much..?

As I get to know people I am sure trust will develop. I am at a disadvantage, as many of you seem to have been a working 'group' for some time.

Your observation is noted and I will try to be more aware.

Yes, Im glad to hear your genuine view and I see what your saying about innovation but My message is more simple in that;

CVN in its current form is agile, has its own Corporate Culture, its own ethos, its own...everything. It is able to adapt and respond to a dynamic business environment, it is able to respond to changes in Technology faster..

but MOST importantly it is able to determine its OWN Destiny. It calls the shots over Our (and their own) Investment.

It is an autonomous, small outfit that in our context has a very many distinct advantages over larger Enterprises;

Not least of them being that a small autonomous outfit like CVN will generate a FAR HIGHER ROE than any inflexible, GLACIAL Suitor.

Said Suitor is likely to be a Producer with relatively massive labour costs, zonks of debt/obligations, huge depreciation costs, idle assets, large Corporate costs...the list of negatives that would rock the CVN Balance Sheet goes on..!) The more I think about it, the more one sided (to Our disadvantage) any potential Takeover becomes..! I am open to hearing the alternative?

Given the nature of modern Exploration being mainly IP, underpinned by quality Tenements ( also a product of Management foresight and strategic skill), I'm struggling to see much that any potential Suitor can offer Us that substantially adds value to what we already have? CVN would lose control of what projects it worked on and how it worked.

Symbiotic JV Partnerships are one thing... being a round peg in a square hole is entirely another thing.

Yes, Im not convinced by any of the contra arguments so far but My mind is always open for Business (except when I am in Misanthropist mode.)

Thanks for your thoughts ncnda. 

ps. I don't dislike what you write particularly or have ANY beef with you, just thrashing things out here.

As for following people on HC, I follow almost everyone so don't fret it. it doesn't have any deeper meaning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.