Scotty this "I choose to live in the middle of nowhere, hundreds...

1. 399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    Scotty this "I choose to live in the middle of nowhere, hundreds of km from things I need, people should do more to help" attitude has always baffled me.

Respectfully, if you choose to live in a remote area, surely thems the breaks?

Speaking as someone who has moved from Vic to remote WA, back to Vic, then perth, then West Africa and now back in regional Vic because that was where the work opportunities presented themselves, I find it hard to empathise with "my water is dirty". Whats stopping you from moving to somewhere suitable? She doesnt need a voice that helps her, she needs to get proactive.

I remeber abbott getting blasted for saying living remotely is a lifestyle choice, and if funding them costs more than the resulting benefits then they shouldnt be funded. But it makes perfect sense. If a scoping study says mine X will cost more than it makes, it gets scrapped. What is the difference?

Where is the money to get this woman in the Kimberly clean water and a hospital for the QLD lady coming from? Who is going to fund it?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.