TLG 3.33% 43.5¢ talga group ltd

Municipal majority can stop detailed plan for graphite mine in Vittangi, page-36

1. 3,844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 745
    @neutro Not a happening thing. There were some attempts. They were presented to the Svae Land and Environment Court of Appeal in Stockholm on the 14th June and the 29th August. Leave to appeal was not granted. The appeals were not even reviewed.

For a case to be heard by the Supreme Court, Leave to Appeal must first be granted by a judge of the Supreme Court. It's generally only granted if there has been some kind of fault at law, that would provide a significant precedent and be instructive for the lower courts. Only 1.5% of cases get granted Leave to Appeal. Only some of these have a successful outcome, after review.

Now, as the Talga mine case was not even reviewed by the Svae Land and Environment Court of Appeal (i.e. Leave of Appeal to that court was not granted), it's really difficult to see how a result from the Supreme Court could be instructive, given that there is no point of law to dispute. As well, if the case were accepted by the Supreme Court for review, it would encourage every rejected appelant from the Appeals Court to lodge a new appeal with the Supreme Court, an avalanche that the Supreme Court would be reticent to provoke. For these reasons, a new appeal to the Supreme Court would likely end up unceremoniously lumped with the other 98.5% of cases not granted Leave to Appeal.

So, better to spend time watching the northern lights than queing up at the Court. I hear they are quite spectacular.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.5¢
Change
-0.015(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $168.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 45.0¢ 43.5¢ $237.6K 532.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 107600 43.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.0¢ 36391 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.02pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.