TLG 4.84% 59.0¢ talga group ltd

Municipal majority can stop detailed plan for graphite mine in Vittangi, page-99

1. 1,342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    Local Opposition in Vittangi Against Talga’s Graphite Mine
    The local opposition in Vittangi against Talga’s graphite mine is primarily driven by environmental concerns. The planned mine is located between the Torne and Vittangi rivers, which are crucial water bodies in the region. Both rivers are significant as they converge near Vittangi and serve as a source of drinking water for the community. The proximity of the mine to these rivers raises fears among locals about potential pollution, disruption to the water sources, and impacts on the surrounding ecosystems.

The area where the graphite mine is proposed falls within the Natura 2000 network, which comprises protected natural areas recognized for their ecological value at the European level. The inclusion of this region in Natura 2000 underscores its environmental importance and sensitivity. The presence of a mining operation in such a designated area raises concerns about compliance with conservation regulations and potential harm to biodiversity.

The graphite mine project also faces opposition due to its potential impact on indigenous communities, particularly the three samebyar (Sami villages) in the area – Talma, Saarivuoma, and **na. These communities rely on traditional reindeer herding practices that could be disrupted by the mining activities. The mine’s operations could lead to habitat fragmentation, disturbance of grazing lands, and overall challenges for these indigenous groups in maintaining their way of life.

Kind regards,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
59.0¢
Change
-0.030(4.84%)
Mkt cap ! $224.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
61.5¢ 63.0¢ 58.0¢ $807.3K 1.367M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 11139 59.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.0¢ 12250 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.