AMP 0.45% $1.12 amp limited

murali better than warne, page-18

1. 5,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    Some nice heated debate.

Well first of all congratulations M. Murali on reaching 700 wickets. He is now 8 behind the mighty Warne.

I think it is a foregone conclusion that Murali CAN spins the ball the other way without bending is elbow - as prooved by his brace demo in London.

NOW to the most important point - Even if we all accept that he bends his elbow like 99.9% of the bowlers do EXCEPT Ramneresh Sarwan then the laws allow a 15% flex. So it is legal. Brett Lee has a 13.9 flex.

Secondly even if he flexes under the permissible rate it is still not possible to bowl so accurately and get wickets.

HIs average is 113 matches 700 wkts. Warne 143 matches 708. So lets give the dude some credit.

Thirdly, I don't think you can afford to be a traditionlist. This is why I used those examples. I am sorry for using examples as I did but it was merely to illustrate a point. Being a traditionlist means going back to 8 ball overs, not accepting the front line step no Ball, TV umpiring, not accepting helmets and sausage gloves, no modern boots that take a lot of the impact, no to various padding and so on. WE MUST LEARN TO ACCEPT TECHNOLOGY AND CHANGE. IF THE LAWS AND RULES CHANGE SO MUST WE.

So I have no problem in Gilchrist using any darn thing in his gloves. THE FACT of the matter is that it takes more than a glove to play like or hit the ball like Adam. He is a real champ and to say that a blooming glove assisted him is totally disrespectful and a demonstration of ones ignorence in appreciating what it takes to hit a ball over the rope let alone face a ball from a fast bowler. SAME applies to Murali's bowling. He is a treat to watch.

Come on guys lets move on and see things in a proper light rather than through our biases and own perceptions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.12
Change
0.005(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $2.908B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.14 $1.12 $9.421M 8.367M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 129636 $1.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 58796 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.