Music and war, page-3

1. 85,656 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    it's lack of attendance that's driving much of it

if it had to do with insurance premiums as the root cause - then, that would only be from ticket prices being resisted by patrons - and the ticket price rise from the need for promoters to cover the cost of the premiums

that was not true in the case of swift - and, I doubt if it's the case in David Walsh's low attendances from last year (I might be wrong on the latter).

You may be correct ------------ but, it's got a real sniff about it that something different is happening

on an associated issue - AI has this to say -------------- now, I can't see the price of going out as being a major factor in an overall collapse in an entire industry ------------ this year - yeah, fine - economic stress - but, this has been going on for years now -
    and I've always been stunned at how much it has cost to go out and drink at clubs etc ---------- yet, people never baulked at spending lots of money on it

I suspect we are seeing some kind of major social change. There's also the massive rise in singledom and AI companions as well -------- times are changing with light speed atm

The nightclub industry is in freefall for several key reasons:
    1. Changing consumer preferences and behavior: Millennials and younger generations are less interested in traditional nightclub experiences, preferring alternative forms of entertainment and socializing. They find nightclubs to be too expensive, crowded, and unable to facilitate meaningful conversations.
    2. Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic: Prolonged closures and trading restrictions during the pandemic have severely impacted nightclubs, leading to a 30% decline in the number of nightclubs since the start of the pandemic.
    3. Rising operational costs: Nightclubs are facing increasing costs for rent, utilities, labor, and maintenance, putting significant financial strain on these establishments.
    4. Inability to adapt to changing trends: Many nightclubs have failed to evolve their offerings and experiences to cater to the preferences of younger consumers, leading to a decline in patronage.
    5. Competition from other entertainment options: Nightclubs are facing competition from other forms of entertainment and socializing, such as music festivals, concerts, and home-based activities enabled by technology.
    In summary, the combination of shifting consumer behaviors, the impact of the pandemic, rising costs, and an inability to adapt have all contributed to the freefall in the nightclub industry.

It's kinda totally the opposite of what one would expect in the leadup to war - where people party like it's their last chance -

but, then - whoomp and concert attendance plummets

whatever it is - it's interesting to watch

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.