AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Music at the AGM, page-318

1. 2,540 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2551
    I understand your scepticism. Again I suggest that you do a bit more background reading.

1) Naturally AP will enter a global market for speakers that is already well served. It will need to compete on its own merits. I am given to understand that it will be cost competitive and competitive performance wise, and will have many additional benefits that all markets will find attractive. i.e. size, weight, thin profile, low power draw, ready to install on PCB, scalable by cascading from single unit to 64 units to cover all speaker requirements, excellent performance characteristics (yet to be provided).

2) There is no reason to believe the initial costs will need to fall by "say 90%" to make it competitive. If you have any actual basis for this claim all holders would be eager to see it. Previous estimated costings and margins would indicate it will be substantially profitable from day 1.

3) Once AP has a finished product all the salient details of its manufacture will be known and transferrable. AP will not manufacture the product itself. MEMS and ASIC production, and integration into final package are all by contract. While TowerJazz is currently the principal fab involved with production it is not the only potential producer. If it is as good as expected there will be a definite demand and commercial fabs will, I believe, be eager to assist in producing requisite volumes to meet market demand. The same will go for the rest of the product's sub-componentry and operations. This model does not require a huge financial backing to initiate product launch.

4) You are right in that holders can fall in love with a stock they own and that this can be an unjustified sentiment. But it is not necessarily the case that loving a stock is foolishness. Of course there are many slips on the way to the cash register, and AKP has had a few delays, that much is sure. And that is probably inevitable for a "first time" solution to a longstanding opportunity made by a small player. But once upon a time Apple Computer was only a garage business, as was Microsoft, Facebook, Google etc.
    Last edited by BobF: 12/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.