'morning all,I will cover the details of moderation on this...

1. dub
    33,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    'morning all,

I will cover the details of moderation on this forum a little later in this post, but first want to clearly state some 'facts' about the music forum.

I was one HC member quite heavily involved in getting this forum established, and I had the advantage of being able to push our case to admin. as a behind-the-scenes player.

I therefore believe I have enough credence to say the way the forum should operate.

As I see it:-

The music forum will be simply devoted to music for any and all who wish to be here, to simple listen or/and to actively contribute.

Any attempt to introduce non-music related issues to this forum will be moderated - severely.

Any argumentative, agressive or flaming posts will be moderated - severely. I've seen the first traces of that just beginning to happen. It must and it will stop. It's the main driver for this post of mine.

Regarding the style of post on this forum, I see at least two distinct streams operating.

(i) - The first are simple posts introducing a particular piece of music. The author is free to give reasons for introducing that particular piece or its relevance to his/her own development and life. There is no compunction to do so. One can simply post the link for the item without any additional words at all, so introducing it to others should they choose to open it. I find myself that sometimes the lyrics of a song I've never heard before really grab me, opening up meaning and message I've never been able to express in words before.

*(The member who introduced me to Plant/Krauss singing Killing the Blues did exactly that for me and I will be forever grateful to him/her. So will one other.)

(ii) - The second involves a thread of some structure, such as perhaps a theme for the day . This stream will be held together/guided/orchestrated/shaped/fostered/etc by one person - in effect a DJ. Here at HC we are fortunate in having Larrry Longboarder who fills that role very well. Larry is amassing a group of appreciative fans. I am one!

The protocol for that stream is determined by Larry - and gently.

Obviously there will be some posts that don't quite fit under the above. Put them on anyway and enjoy them.

REGARDING MODERATION ON THIS FORUM.

In pushing admin for the creation of a music forum 'off-camera', I stated my willingness to be responsible for its moderation. That doesn't mean I will be the only member of the mod squad to act on misguided posts/posters on this forum, just the one who happens to live here.

PLEASE NOTE

The music forum is intended to become/ be a laid-back, relaxed and friendly forum.
    I will be moderating severely any who would change that

dub

whilst writing this, I've had a disc I compiled playing
    Paul Simon, David Gray, Bernie Higgins, Don Henley, Eagles, Fine Young Cannibals, Hot House Flowers, Marianne Faithful, Tina Turner, Sonya Dada and Bob Seegar.

It has just finished.

So have I.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.