CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

musical chairs...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Can't help but feel we have seen traders effectively running in circels here...

Buying and selling amongst themselves, for no definative gain, all the while maintaining pressure on the stock via an almost bottomless cup of stock prepared to sell at any level...with the view it can buy back later for less.

SO many have done this...and look at their portfolios and say to themsleves..."how good am I, I now have more shares than before"...ignoring the fact entirely the value of their holdings are significantly less thanb before, in spite of the extra shares.

Strange logic.

Further, as a result of these wonderful "trades" the stock is seeing dilution at lower levels, which will ultimately result in a lower end game value per share...and that is in addition to the stigma such loose hands places on a stock via targeting from outside players after retail scalp.

We should have traded at a decent premium to fair value over the last few months...and by this I mean high 30's to low 40's...but instead we have continually traded at a discount.

Some simply will not understand this statement...arguing the "value will be determined by the assets"...well in the specultaive end of the market, value equations are far more complex, especially when "premium prices" effectively generate "premium prices" due to enhanced success scenarios.

But this is another story.

Anyway, it has been on the back of less than sophisticated holders that players have been able to push the stock in any direction, almost at whim.

Well, like any game of musical chairs, we eventually get down to the last few seats...and we listen intently for the music to stop.

Look at the options, not only holding a significant premium, but the chairs are all but gone.

It is clear to me CVI has been set up for the big bang theory, either a gap up, or relatively low volume run through numerous levels...either way, most of those who have sold down on the expectation of getting back in cheaper, will not be able to do so.

There will simply be not enough seats left.

Placements coming thick and thin now...almost like the "quickening" before the final showdown. I think it is fairly obvious, once the "locals" realise there are no more placements to be had at these levels, we will see a whole new set of trading patterns emerge.

A shame the dweebs allowed themselves and by extension the stock to be knocked down to the extent it has...would have been much nicer to see all the placments issued in the 20's or even 30's...but the loose and lazy hands will always be manipulated this way, which is to their detriment mind you, in spite how good some might feel about owning more.

Fact is, those "more" will now have a lower limit to their upside than they would have otherwise, resulting in a zero-net-sum game in the most part.

If only the dweebs hadn't traded every shadow...lol

By the way, I have given up worrying about doing the "right thing" for the stock now, so many placements clearly the reason for the pressure on the stock...so in the absence of a self control even from the main players here, I have decided to only worry about myself from now on...trading or no trading.

Regardless, the questions still remains...when will the music stop?

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.