IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

musings on the reason for the trading halt

1. 749 Posts.
    Interesting... could this be the long-awaited ruling in the Deutsche Telekom litigation? A decision by either party to settle?

The recent reiteration of IPR's patent validity in the US can only have helped IPR's case and may just have jolted DT into a pre-emptive settlement. Certainly it was encouraging to see relatively strong volume and an upswing in the SP over the past two days. If it is a DT settlement (which is not expected just yet), I really hope IPR have made them hurt for all the delays and the years of lost royalties.

The above reason for the trading halt is pure speculation on my part and should not be construed as informed opinion. They are more the musings of a long-term holder who is confident that the market will one day wake up to this patent enforcer's fundamentals: much more cash than market cap and a pipeline of advanced litigation results coming to fruition against some of the world's biggest technology companies. As DT acknowledged years ago when they tried to laugh the case out of court, if IPR's assertions on patent are correct, the amounts involved are potentially in the billions. Those words may come back to haunt them.

Potential investors need to be aware that litigation is a notoriously risky enterprise, even if IPR's track record has been excellent thus far. The underwriting agreement with Lloyds mitigates much of the risk but the slow bleeding of cash as litigation draws out, and the downward drift in a small-volume share, have no doubt given all long-term holders pause for thought over the years.

I hold with the patience of Job. DYOR. Good luck all.

Gupper

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.