I thought that would be one of the hang ups. Can’t have somebody...

1. 5,426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I thought that would be one of the hang ups.
    Can’t have somebody thinking their special now can we particularly if I think I’m specialier.

If I recall correctly Jewish people believe they were chosen by the one true God at a time when Egypt had many to leave and start they own society free of that influence.
    How shocking that 5000 years ago or so somebody may have had a differing opinion and acted on it!
    Now 5000 years down the track most of the large religions believe in a single deity based on that premise.
    So considering the both Christian and Muslim holy books use the same or similar texts to the Jewish version then there appears to be some spiritual logic in the “Chosen” position.

If only from the fact that they in the Middle East at least started the single deity position.
    The interpretation of those texts plus certain other events has led to Christianity and Islam.

So get over it and if you’re religious in a Christian or Islamic sense then maybe you should be thanking Judaism for allowing you to interpret their texts and if not why do you care how they view themselves?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.