“Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ......

1. 7,404 Posts.
    “Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.”

so that is some ignorant quote that you seem to admire

such a view is quite myopic

take a look at your own religion - the religion of gullibility
    and then once you can see that
    then maybe you can cultivate the religions of discernment, compassion and equanimity (when appropriate) without the religion of stupidity

all that you have really done is swallow someone else's vomit, then vomit yourself, and then unwittingly try and get others to swallow it

to anyone reading the above quote - please think carefully before swallowing it and shouting amen.
    do not waste, or defile, your faculty of reasoning

don't get dragged down by all of those that are choosing to live in the gutter

not all religion, re legare, (actions, habits and rituals) is bad.

the stupidity of some one that thinks they are a moslem, is just as stupid as mindlessly completely swallowing the above quote.

those that consider themselves to be atheists can be just as stupid as those that consider themselves to theists.

it's almost embarrassing (as a human) having to spell this out, time and time again.

this is a relatively subtle trick - lump one false statement with others that appear to be true, and then before you know it, the whole lot is swallowed in one gulp.
    then once it is the stomach (the unconscious) the toxins are gradually released into the body, and sickness follows.

even if you stick it in your mouth, at least chew it slowly, rather than woofing it down.
    because then you can identify any harmful objects without busting your teeth, and then remove them.

please stop bad mouthing religion as if the word is a noun
    because in doing so, you are condemning your entire life, and poisoning those of others

this thread is about some grown men playing with a ball, and taking it really seriously,
    and some others praying to some imaginary nut-job male god that they have created, in order to condone, or "sanctify", their acts of cruelty
    two examples of processes called religion.

i have some organic, GMO-free fruit every morning
    for me, that is one of my religions
    and i know for sure that it is a good religion, especially when it comes from the backyard.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.