Your concerns are not serious enough to keep me up at night....

1. 6,264 Posts.
    Your concerns are not serious enough to keep me up at night.

Firstly the Muslim issue will not become a serious as in places like France because, as I said earlier, the percentage of Muslims is not growing.

Secondly the next generation of Muslims will be mostly integrated --we now see names like Saad and Houli playing AFL footy.

Thirdly most migrants are smart enough not to kill the 'Golden Goose' and so they are not so likely to give their family a bad name.

There will always be some radicalised extremists, but their danger is overplayed by Right Wing groups who are looking for support.

My father was illiterate and the kids including me had to go be interpreters and that was normal for most migrant families in the fifties and sixties.

There are some early stage ghettos forming in Melbourne and Sydney and I agree those issues need immediate attention. I mentioned in a post about a year ago we need to ensure migrants understand their responsibilities before being allowed to move into certain paths of those cities.

Your writing is fine and there is no need to apologise, but the spirit of a post is something of concern as some seem full of hate and anger.

Its not the words, but the lack of empathy and generosity of spirit in many cases that is a concern.
    Last edited by Rappa: 18/11/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.