Steve, it's true that the Quran is dualistic (just like the...

1. 49 Posts.
    Steve, it's true that the Quran is dualistic (just like the bible), but in order to work with the dualism you need to understand the concept of abrogation. This basically means that when a later verse of the Quran contradicts an earlier verse (i.e peace vs violence for instance) then whichever verse came later is more true. It doesn't make the earlier verses irrelevant, but it makes them less true... as Allah is infallible... obviously ;-) Unfortunately, the earlier versus are the peaceful ones... So yes... the more devout a Muslim is, the more dangerous they are to non-believers, or people perceived as not 'true' Muslims. I'm super sick of the lies that ISIS and other barbaric acts done in the name of Islam have nothing to do with Islam... Anyone able to read knows this is a lie, and it causes further distrust of Muslims. I for one, would be much happier if Muslims said, "it's a problem, we know it's a problem, we are committed to reform". Of course that would mean re-writing large portions of the Quran and even questioning it's divinity is punishable by death. There are brave Muslim men and women are working towards reform, and many are dying trying, we need more people like them... People like ddxz need to stop the lies and support the reformers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.