HAV 2.70% 19.0¢ havilah resources limited

"Historical Records Copper ore was mined at Mutooroo between the...

1. 3,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1030
    "Historical Records
    Copper ore was mined at Mutooroo between the years 1887 and 1914, for a recorded production of approximately 6,000 tonnes of 6% copper.

The most intensive mine development was in the northern end of the workings, where the main shaft was developed to a depth of approximately 157 metres"

For those of you that are interested, the following Mutooroo Mine Report (from the Department of Mines, South Australia), dated 27 March 1951, gives a historical overview of the Northern and Southern workings (lodes) at the Mutooroo Copper Mine:

https://sarigbasis.pir.sa.gov.au/WebtopEw/ws/samref/sarig1/image/DDD/RB3000034.pdf

I was also able to locate a copy of J.B. Cray's report dated 25 September 1913:

https://sarigbasis.pir.sa.gov.au/WebtopEw/ws/samref/sarig1/image/DDD/RB3000040.pdf

In summary, the historic Mutooroo Copper Mine vein system was at least 6,000 feet (or 1.8 kms) long.

Three main veins had been worked by the old timers.

Two parallel veins in the Southern end of the field (1,400 and 400 feet long respectively, or 427 and 122 metres respectively) and one at the Northern end (1,700 feet long or 518 metres).

The intervening section (1,700 feet long or 518 metres) between the Northern and Southern lodes was described as weak and sporadically mineralised.

My understanding is that HAV has only drilled in the Southern half of the lode system at the historic Mutooroo Copper Mine. Drilling to date by HAV has shown that the number of sulfide zones varies along strike and down dip with significant variations in width, necessitating a close spaced drill pattern (50 metres by 25 metres).

HAV has indicated it would like to expand the JORC resource at Mutooroo, it is on the list of 'What to expect in 2018':

Mutooroo Video:
    For new investors that may not have seen the Mutooroo Copper-Cobalt video, you can listen to the 'dulcet tones' of Dr Giles as he describes the exploration history of the Mutooroo copper-cobalt deposit:

Cheers

These are only my random ('Throwback Thursday') thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

HAV fanboy: still drinking the Kool-Aid

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.005(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $60.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 19.0¢ $11.97K 62.15K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 22021 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 6000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.