MWE mawson west ltd

mwe back on asx - give your support

1. 648 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    This post is an extension to the issue raised by Portable Alpha about the difficulty in trading MWE shares.

At the time of de-listing from the ASX there were circa 1000 shareholders and in the absence of any means to sell, I think that is reasonable to assume that there are still about 1000 Australian shareholders.

Historically, those shareholders provided MWE with the seed capital to get established, funded the IPO to get listed, regularly contributed to CRs for exploration, provided more funds to have JORC assets established and then when the company has been de-risked it is offered to sophisticated Canadians and then other overseas investors via the TSX to reap the big rewards. The original Australian investor is duly rewarded with an administratively burdensome process that requires the establishment of an International Trading Account for which Commsec seeks some $US72 annually to maintain; the Canadian Government and other intermediaries take varying percentages from your selling proceeds; and, forget the 3 days for settlement.

Now I know there are very good arguments for listing overseas that do bring considerable benefits back to Australia but if MWE's major shareholder - AVM can remain listed on the TSX for the befit of its original shareholders why should we as part owners of MWE not expect (demand) the same 'service'.

While it cost MWE millions of dollars to list on the TSX, I can not envisage a similar amount required to re list on the ASX.

In recent days I have had 5 shareholders query with me what would be required to have MWE re list on the ASX, a number which is not likely to convince MWE management to reconsider their past decision to not re list. So we need more numbers. I am not sure how best to capture such numbers but in the first instance if those of you who have a view on an approach to the MWE Board could register support, or otherwise, by using the thumbs up or down facility, I will use the result to decide on the merits of more 'action'.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

R1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.