RGT 5.33% 39.5¢ argent biopharma limited

MXC deal in Malta?

1. 1,871 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 950
    “I would envisage Cann-epil being available in European countries very soon too.” Perhaps sooner than you think. Owl vs Fowl

A very good friend of mine who knows I am invested in the MC industry, sent me this link from the Times of Malta, posted  last Mon, 26th March.

I have since done some digging around and found a follow-up editorial here from ‘The Malta Independent” and this one in some greater depth from the LovinMalta.com site.

Here is an excerpt from this news item…………..

“Malta has officially legalised medicinal cannabis, joining a growing number of European countries recognising the therapeutic benefits of the plant. The amendments to the Drug Dependence Act (Treatment not Imprisonment) were enacted on 23rd March by Maltese parliament after its third and final reading.

The bill, amongst other things, allows family doctors to prescribe medical cannabis to patients. Patients will be able to access non-smoking forms of medicine at pharmacies with a doctor's prescription after a control card has been approved by the Superintendent of Public Health.

So far, three conditions are eligible to be treated by medicinal cannabis: chronic pain, spasticity in multiple sclerosis and side effects of chemotherapy.

The new legislation was welcomed by pro-cannabis groups ReLeaf and Malta Cannabis Social Club, as well as medical clinics such as The Pain Clinic.”

…………….   further to that……….

“Malta Enterprise announced it had given the green light to five foreign companies to begin producing medical cannabis in Malta, the Times of Malta reported.

The project is set to create 185 jobs, and the combined investment is €30 million. Three of the companies are Canadian, while one is Australian and the other is Israeli.”

So what – you might say!

This exclusive production of medical cannabis gig has been awarded to five only globally recognized foreign MC companies – three from Canada, one from Israel and one from………………………………………………………. Australia

………….. and here is the ‘crunch line’. My friend's sources in Malta have it on good authority that the ONE company from Australia is …………………………. yes………………………… MGC Pharmaceuticals.

If this is so, then it opens the CannEpil flood gates to the whole European market…………… in quick time.

If you got excited about doing your sums based on the Aust market, get your calculator out for the European market possibilities.

This extract from – Science Direct

“More than 50 million people worldwide suffer from epilepsy. Each year, 16 to 134 new-onset epilepsy cases per 100,000 people add to the global burden of epilepsy. In a population-based study conducted in Western Europe, the epilepsy in 22.5% of all patients was found to be drug-resistant

Drug resistant epilepsy is ‘Refractory Epilepsy’, a condition that CannEpil has been specifically created for. Over 6million people suffer from Epilepsy in Europe and if (as quoted above) 22.5% are drug-resistant (refractory), then there is a potential market in Europe of 1,350,000 users of CannEpil.

I’ll leave the maths to you!...................... I’m too busy enjoying my Easter holiday in Bali, reading a new book.

upload_2018-3-29_21-2-35.jpeg

Hope you all have a safe and thought provoking Easter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
0.020(5.33%)
Mkt cap ! $17.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.5¢ 39.5¢ 36.5¢ $948 2.552K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8977 36.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.5¢ 137 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
37.0¢
  Change
0.020 ( 17.8 %)
Open High Low Volume
37.0¢ 37.0¢ 37.0¢ 493
Last updated 14.07pm 24/05/2024 ?
RGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.